One of the most beautiful buildings in Arnaia and one of the oldest in Chalkidice, is the “Iatradiko” or the “Iatrou” mansion. It is a two-storey building which had been abandoned for years until the new owner Konstantinos Katsaggelos restored it. Nowadays, it houses the Historical and Folklore museum edited by George Katsaggelos, professor in Fine Arts of AUTH.
The museum is divided in 12 sections great focus has been given to the photographic material from the villages’ daily life. The main collection, which consists of daily objects like tools and hardware are derived from the residents. Some of those are bread-making equipment (millstones, kneading boards, proving troughs, bread-stamps), bee-keeping equipment (hives, frames, an extractor for centrifuging the honey from the cells, skeps), agricultural implements (for sowing, reaping, threshing), carpentry equipment (vices, files, planes). Two particularly important exhibits are the first radio which was brought here in 1941, and Arnaia fire-engine, which is 200 years old and based on the force-pump invented by Ktesibios (285-220 BC). Its basic operating principle is the piston, and it consists of bronze receptacles fitted with two pistons, between which the water runs through and is stored in the receptacles.